Honors College Undergraduate Research Grants
These grants for Honors College students are designed to support your research and creative projects. We offer:
- Student stipends: These stipends are $1,250 for a one-semester project and $2,500 for a multiple-semester project and are given to support research begun and completed during the grant period. Awards will vary depending on the number of semesters in the grant period.
- Mentor Stipend: Faculty mentors receive $1,000 in a mentor account for guiding the student through the research process and for materials (research equipment, books, copying, etc.)
Need to travel to complete your grant-funded research? You may apply for an Honors College Travel Grant; funding will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that the Honors College will not fund research-related travel in countries on the U.S. Department of State's Travel Warning List.
Eligible applicants must
- Be in good standing with the honors program in the college or school of major
- Be an active Honors College member
- Have a minimum of 6 completed honors credit hours taken at the University of Arkansas prior to application (Note: Some exceptions may be made for transfer students with more than 60 hours from their transfer institution. Contact your honors program director to discuss.)
- Be enrolled as a regular full-time student during the grant period
Students awarded research grants will be required to document grant-funded work. They must submit a blog post, written report and photograph.
- Spring 2014
- Students must submit their application by March 12 at 4:00 p.m.
- Faculty must submit letters of recommendation by March 19.
- Fall 2013
- Applications for Honors College Research Grants and SURF grants will be due October 23 for last names A-O and October 24 for last names P-Z. Please visit the SURF information page for more details.
Questions? Contact the Honors College at (479) 575-7678.