Travel Grant Documentation
Honors College travel grant recipients are required to submit a blog post and photograph.
How: Fill out the Travel Grant Documentation form.
When: These materials should be submitted within two weeks after you return from funded
research travel. We will review and use as needed for Honors College presentations,
publications and the Honors College blog.
Need inspiration? Visit the Honors College blog.
Presenting your work at a conference? Be sure to credit your grant by including the Honors College logo and the following acknowledgement in your presentation materials: This research has been supported by an Honors College grant.
Length is variable but should be at least 2-3 paragraphs.
Start by providing context for the reader: Describe your research and its impact so that a high school student or reporter could understand it (2-3 sentences max). Please include your name, major(s) and any minor(s) so that we can properly identify you.
We want to know the details about your experience:
- Tell us about your trip: where did you go, and why?
- How did the trip help you move forward in your research?
- Did you receive any feedback on your work? Tell us about it!
- How did the trip contribute to your professional development? Any opportunities to network?
- Did you meet peers and/or experts in your field? How did that help you?
- Did you present your work at a conference? If so, tell us what you have learned from that experience.
- If you attended a conference, do you have any advice about this event to share with other students?
- If you visited an archive, do you have any tips about how best to prepare for the experience?
- What’s next for you?
- Submit one high-resolution, print-quality digital photo (JPG or PNG; use the highest resolution setting available on your camera). If possible we'd prefer an action shot – for example, we’d love to see a photograph of you presenting your work at a conference, conducting research in the field or working in an archive.
- Be sure to submit image as a separate file (not embedded in a Word document). You can upload one photo on the form; feel free to submit more to firstname.lastname@example.org.