New Freshmen Students
Here's how to apply if you are a new freshman student:
- First things first: you must apply for admission to the University of Arkansas and receive official notification of your acceptance to the university before applying to the Honors College.
- After you have viewed your official acceptance letter to the university, the Honors College application will be available in your New Student Center using the log-in information you created when you first applied for admission to the university. You must complete the application in your New Student Center in order to be admitted to the Honors College.
You will receive confirmation of your admission into the Honors College over email within two to three weeks.
Do you believe you qualify for the Honors College, but have not received an invitation to apply on your New Student Center?
- Have you viewed your official acceptance letter to the university on your New Student Center?
- On your New Student Center, have you set your home screen to "Admissions Application Fall 2020?" This can be changed at the top right hand side of your screen. Please note that you will not be able to view the Honors College application is set to "Scholarship Application New Freshmen 2020."
- Have you verified that you meet the honors admissions requirements for your academic college? The minimum requirements for Honors College admission are below. If you believe you meet these requirements, we advise you to contact the university admissions office at 479-575-5346 or email@example.com to confirm that the correct academic information is on your application file.
Minimum Requirements for Honors College Admission
- 3.50 high school GPA, except for students entering the J. William Fulbright College
of Arts & Sciences or the Sam M. Walton College of Business, each of which requires
a 3.75 GPA.
- Please note: Extra weight is given for Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and Dual Enrollment courses in calculating GPA, provided these courses are clearly indicated as such on the official high school transcript.
- 28 ACT or 1310 SAT.
- Honors admission is based on your highest composite ACT or SAT score, not on superscores.
What else do I need to do after I submit the Honors College application?
If you haven't done so already, we recommend you complete the following:
- Register for New Student Orientation
- Complete a Housing Contract
- Apply for Fellowships and Scholarships
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Honors College application is separate from the fellowship application. If you are applying for prestigious fellowships, you will also need to complete the Honors College application for official admission into the program.
No, the Honors College will consider the transcripts and test scores that you submitted to the undergraduate admissions office when you originally applied to the University of Arkansas. You do not need to submit additional transcripts or test scores to the Honors College.
You will receive an email from the Honors College within two to three weeks of applying. The email will give you instructions on how to access your honors admission decision letter in your New Student Center.
To register for honors classes in your first semester, you will need to apply before you come to campus for new freshman orientation.
After applying for admission to the University of Arkansas, the application for new freshman fellowship and scholarships will appear in your New Student Center within two business days.
If you have not done so already, please review the honors program requirements in your college to learn more about the expectations.
Yes, you can still apply as a current student. When you complete this application, admission will be based upon your college GPA.
Other questions about applying? Contact us.