New Freshmen Students
Here's how to apply if you are a new freshman student:
- First things first: you must apply for admission to the University of Arkansas and receive official notification of your acceptance before applying to the Honors College.
- Interested in applying for fellowships and scholarships that can help fund your college education? Be sure to check "yes" to the question, "Would you like more information on scholarships?" when you apply for admission to the University of Arkansas.
- If you have not done so already, please review the honors program requirements in your college.
- The Honors College application will become available on the Honors College website
on October 1 for students who have been admitted to the university.
- Eligibility: Remember that to be admitted to honors as a new freshman you need to have at least
a 3.50 high school GPA for all colleges (except for students enrolling in either the
J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences or the Sam M. Walton College of Business,
each of which requires a 3.75) and at least the minimum required test score on the
ACT or SAT. You must have at least one of the following minimum test scores:
- 28 ACT composite
- 1310 SAT (Redesigned exam)
- Timing: To register for honors classes in your first semester, apply before you come to campus for orientation.
- Honors Housing: If you would like to be eligible to live in Hotz Honors Hall your freshman year of college, the deadline to apply to the Honors College is March 15 of your senior year of high school.
Questions about applying? Contact us.