New Freshmen Students
Here's how to apply if you are a new freshman student:
- First things first: you must apply for admission to the University of Arkansas and receive official notification of your acceptance before applying to the Honors College.
- Interested in applying for fellowships and scholarships? Be sure to check "yes" to the question, "Would you like more information on scholarships?" when you apply for admission to the University of Arkansas.
- If you have not done so already, please review the honors program requirements in your college.
- Fill out our Honors College Application form.
- Eligibility: Remember that to be admitted to honors as a new freshman you need to have at least
a 3.50 high school GPA for all colleges (except the Sam M. Walton College of Business,
which requires a 3.75) and at least the minimum required test score on the ACT or
SAT. You must have at least one of the following minimum test scores:
- 28 ACT composite
- 1310 SAT (Redesigned exam)
- 1240 SAT (Pre-March 2016 exam)
- Timing: To register for honors classes in your first semester, apply before you come to campus for orientation.
- Honors Housing: If you would like to be eligible to live in Hotz Honors Hall your freshman year of college, the deadline to apply to the Honors College is March 15 of your senior year of high school.
Questions about applying? Contact us.