Print Your Poster
You've been invited to present your research at a national meeting –– congratulations! But, where will you print up your poster?
We can help. The Honors College will print posters for honors students presenting their research at a U of A event or at a professional conference, symposium or workshop. And, we'll print your poster at no cost to you.
Some limitations apply:
- We accept requests only from current honors student listed as a presenter on the poster.
- Item to be printed must be a research poster for a formal presentation (no banners, signs, etc.).
Posters should be submitted as a Powerpoint slide
- Please contact Michael Zachary for additional allowable formats before you submit your poster (email@example.com)
There is no required poster design. However, please note the following:
- Posters should use color sparingly; posters with colored backgrounds or other excessive use of color are strongly discouraged and may be denied printing. Contact Michael Zachary with questions.
- Maximum poster size allowed is 36" x 48"
- Poster printer uses 36" rolls. Therefore posters that are not sized to 36" for either height or width will require additional cutting post printing by the student.
- File must be less than 25MB in size.
- Posters are printed on poster paper only, not mounted on foam board or other surface.
Set appropriate poster size in Powerpoint before you design the poster
- From the Design tab select Slide Size > Custom Slide Size
- Set both height and width in inches
- Select whether slide (your poster) will be landscape or portrait
The following must be included on the poster:
- Honors College logo
- Logo associated with your Honors Program or Home College
- Additional funding statement if an Honors College study abroad or research grant contributed to this research project
- Your mentor should help determine appropriate logos and exact placement of needed logos and acknowledgements.
- Include Honors in your title (e.g. Jane Smith, Honors Biology)
Where to find logos:
- Honors College Logos may be downloaded from the Credit Your Grant page.
- Logos were provided by the Colleges in February 2019. Contact your Honors Program Director for the most current versions of appropriate logos.
Where to find templates:
- Here are three example templates that you can download:
- There are many free templates for Powerpoint posters available online. Search for "free powerpoint poster template" to find a template right for you.
- If the Honors College cannot print the poster due to equipment failure, then you will have to take your poster elsewhere for printing at your own expense.
- Allow 2 full business days between submission and picking up at the Honors College front desk, located on the first floor of Gearhart Hall.
Edit, and edit again:
- Note that there are no "do overs," so be sure to proofread your poster thoroughly before submitting!
- The Honors College can decline to print a poster for any reason at their discretion.
Ready? Here's the form:
Note: Some mobile devices do not provide a way to attach a file to a email. If that is your situation, simply use a laptop or desktop to fill out the form and upload your poster file.