Scholarship for SIT Study Abroad Programs
SIT/University of Arkansas Undergraduate Research Scholarship
School for International Training (SIT) Scholarship
SIT offers students hands-on, immersive study abroad programs that deal with critical global issues across the world. Of particular interest for honors students, SIT programs have intensive research components that have the potential to jumpstart honors thesis research. SIT and the UA Honors College have collaborated to provide additional financial assistance for Honors College students who will engage in research on SIT programs.
- Must be participating in an approved SIT summer or semester program
- Must meet all Honors College Study Abroad grant eligibility requirements
- Preference will be given to students who use the research component of the SIT program for their thesis.
- Up to $1500 for summer programs
- Up to $3500 for semester programs
- This is in addition to $1500 award all UA students automatically receive from SIT.
- This is in addition to the Honors College Study Abroad Grant.
How to apply?
Apply for the Honors College Study Abroad Grant. Eligible students will automatically be considered for the SIT/UA Study Abroad Undergraduate Research Scholarship. These funds will be awarded on a rolling basis, so the earlier you apply for the Honors College Study Abroad Grant, the more competitive you will be.
- Spring Programs: September 21
- Summer Programs: October 1, November 1, December 1, and February 1 (apply as early as possible to be competitive!)
- Fall Programs: February 1
If you receive the award, you will be required to submit a summary of the research completed on the program and how this contributed to your undergraduate program, in addition to the grant documentation required by the Honors College Study Abroad Grant.