We’re glad that you’re considering an honors program in the
College of Education and Health Professions!
Students who seek to be challenged by an exceptional educational experience and want to focus their studies efficiently should apply to the College of Education and Health Professions (COEHP) Honors Program of the University of Arkansas. The program creates and supports an academic environment of intellectual stimulation and provides an integrated and demanding curriculum. The rewards are immense: high academic achievement, an honors degree (Summa, Magna or Cum Laude) on your transcript, recognition at commencement, and the satisfaction that you faced the challenge.
Entry Requirements for New Freshman Students
Entry Requirements for Current & Transfer Students
- Current University of Arkansas students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on all UA coursework to be eligible.
- Transfer students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on all coursework to be eligible.
- Applications are not accepted from students within three major (fall/spring) semesters of graduation.
Honors Program Requirements
The College of Education and Health Professions requires the following:
- 18 credit hours of honors courses
- Of these 18, up to 8 hours may be University Honors courses
- At least 10 honors credits of the total 18 honors credit hours should be within your program of study (nursing, curriculum and instruction, etc.) Of those 10, 4 hours relate to your honors thesis/project
- Written submission of the honors thesis/project to the COEHP Honors Council and oral presentation of the honors thesis/project to faculty and students within COEHP
Please check with your honors program director for the most up-to-date requirements!
“I wanted to focus on empowering girls at that age, and help them get a broader take on leadership, that it’s not just the one at the top of the social pyramid.”
Sophia Vincent, education