We’re glad that you’re considering an honors program in the
College of Engineering!
The College of Engineering Honors Program provides a structure for working more closely with faculty members and other students in a team environment. Participation in our program is highly recommended for engineering students planning academic or research-related careers that require considerable critical and original independent thinking, although the honors experience will benefit any future career endeavor.
Honors Entry Requirements for New First-Year Students
Please note: Students must apply for admission to the University of Arkansas and receive official notification of acceptance to the university before applying to the Honors College.
Entry Requirements for Current & Transfer Students
- Current University of Arkansas students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on all UA coursework to be eligible.
- New students not initially qualifying for the Engineering Honors Program are eligible after one term if they earn at least a 3.50 cumulative GPA
- Transfer students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on their transfer work to be eligible to apply to honors after they are admitted to UA.
- For more information visit the ENGR Honors website. Questions? Contact Honors Program Director Brian Haggard.
Ready to Apply?
Visit the ENGR Honors website to access the application link. Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by honors program staff in the College of Engineering. Questions? Contact Honors Program Director Brian Haggard.
Honors Program Requirements
The College of Engineering requires the following:
- Complete a minimum of 12 credit hours of honors courses.
- A minimum of 6 of these 12 hours must be in engineering. Available engineering honors courses are found in departmental requirements section on the Engineering Honors Program website.
- For the honors courses outside of engineering, there are many options that will count toward your engineering degree requirements. Many courses on the approved humanities/social science elective list also have honors sections. Calculus and physics honors courses are also available.
- Participate in an undergraduate research or design experience, and prepare an undergraduate thesis.
- Fulfill any additional departmental requirements.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50.
Please check with your honors program director for the most up-to-date requirements!
"I chose the U of A because of the fellowship they offered me. The money they invested in me gave me the freedom to navigate every opportunity that sounded interesting without the burden of wondering if it wasn't worth my time in college."
Samia Ismail, biomedical engineering