We’re glad that you’re considering an honors program in the
Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences!
The Bumpers College Honors Program encourages students to add depth to their education by engaging in the undergraduate research and creative process, working closely with faculty mentors, and seeking funding for international study, service learning and internship opportunities.
Entry Requirements for New Freshman Students
Entry Requirements for Current & Transfer Students
- Current University of Arkansas students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on all UA coursework to be eligible.
- Transfer students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on all coursework to be eligible.
- Applications are not accepted from students within three major (fall/spring) semesters of graduation.
Honors Program Requirements
The Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences requires the following:
- A minimum of 15 hours of honors coursework, including 9-12 hours of honors courses in Bumpers College and/or other colleges on campus
- 3-6 hours of thesis/project credits with a faculty mentor
Please check with your honors program director for the most up-to-date requirements!
"I hope that this research will lead to better sampling methods, so that we can better understand and manage soil ecosystems."
Srusti Maddala, environmental science & chemistry