- We offer honors programs in all majors, tailored to students’ academic interests.
- We award up to 90 freshman fellowships annually, worth $72,000 over four years.
- Each year we award more than $1,000,000 in research and study abroad grants to our students.
- Typically * more than 50% of Honors College students who graduated in the last four years have studied abroad. *No pandemic!
- 100% of Honors College graduates have engaged in undergraduate research with faculty mentors
- 149 National Merit Scholars are enrolled at the U of A.
- The Honors College is nationally recognized for the high caliber of students it admits and graduates, consistently producing Fulbright, Truman, Marshall, Gates Cambridge and Goldwater Scholars, among many others, over the past 10 years. Check out the full list here.
- The University of Arkansas ranks in the top 10 public institutions nationwide for Truman Scholars. In 2002 the University of Arkansas was named a Truman Honor Institute, an award recognizing high-performing institutions in the Truman Scholarship program.
In 2011 the University of Arkansas was elevated to the highest possible classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university is one of just 120 schools to be placed in this highest category, which is defined as a doctoral-granting, research university with very high levels of research activity.
Here is a sampling of national rankings for our programs:
- U.S. News & World Report recently ranked the Walton College of Business in 28th place among the nation’s undergraduate public business colleges and 44th among both public and private institutions.
- The National Jurist ranked the U of A School of Law as one of the top five best values among American law schools.
- The Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design was ranked 12th among undergraduate architecture programs at public land-grant universities by the Design Futures Council.
- The Creative Writing Program in Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences was recently ranked in the top 50 national creative writing programs by Poets & Writers magazine.
- The departments of poultry science, animal science and food science in Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences are consistently ranked among the top 10 programs addressing meat and poultry industry issues by Meat and Poultry magazine.
Success after Graduation
- Over the past two years, 82% of our pre-med students, on average, have won acceptance to medical school, and over the past five years U of A students have won national awards totaling more than $10,000,000.
- Our Honors College graduates are continuing their studies at top graduate schools
across the nation and abroad, including (to name just a few):
- Cambridge University
- Oxford University
- Brown University
- Columbia University
- Duke University
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Harvard University, Harvard Law School and Harvard Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Princeton University
- Rice University
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- University of California – Berkeley
- Yale University
- Our Honors College alumni are also out in the real world doing great things, including:
- Designing the national WWI monument in Washington, D.C.
- Working at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center on the Webb Space Telescope
- Performing at the Metropolitan Opera
- Running an award-winning graphic and web design firm
- Interning at the White House
- Working for the U.S. State Department in Istanbul
- Coordinating a joint business venture between an Arkansas and Japanese firm
- Leading design of the Momentary, Crystal Bridges' satellite contemporary art space
- Participating in Teach for America
- Working as a system performance engineer at Verizon Wireless