Path Interview Weekend
Path Interview Weekend will take place March 11-12, 2022
Congratulations on your invitation to Path Interview Weekend! This event provides an opportunity for you to meet us, and for us to get to know you, beyond application essays and GPAs.
Due to COVID-19, Path Interview Weekend will take place online to ensure your safety.
All Path Program applicants will be notified in early March whether or not they have been invited to participate in Path Interview Weekend.
Events will Include:
- Q & A Session with Prospective Students, Parents, current Path Scholars and Honors College Staff
- Student Interviews with current Path Scholars, Honors College Staff and industry leaders
We also answer some frequently asked questions below:
The dress code for Friday is comfortable and casual; jeans are fine. On Saturday, most finalists in the past have dressed in professional attire, but that decision is left up to the student. We do recommend, however, that you dress in a manner that makes you feel confident.
It is important, but we consider all aspects of the selection process, including your academic performance, writing samples, letters of recommendation, and interviews.
- Consider some of these sample interview questions - one of these might be asked at your interview.
- Review your application, especially your essays. Typically a few of the questions at the interview will come directly from the material you sent us.
- Participate in one or two 15-minute practice interviews with your friends, parents or teachers so that you will be comfortable with the interview setting. Ask them to help you keep your answers short and to the point. Make eye contact with the committee members as you speak.
Your interview will last 15 minutes. There will be a faculty member, industry partner and current Path Scholar on your interview panel.
Answer the questions directly and openly, keeping your responses fairly brief and to the point.
Take time to think before you answer (it's okay to pause), and be sure to answer the questions you are asked. It's also okay to say you do not know.
If you have earned any additional achievements of awards since your submitted your Path Program application, feel free to share that with your interview committee or even bring an updated resume to share with the interviewers.
Do not try to tell the panelists what you think they might want to hear.
Let your interviewers take the lead in the interview.
Focus on your interests. There is no need to mention scores and grades in the interview, since we have that information at hand.
Enjoy yourself! The interviewers are delighted to have this chance to meet and get to know you. Everyone wants you to do well.
You will be notified of Path Program status by email no later than the evening of March 25, 2022. Just FYI, we never send notification emails during the school day, so no need to worry about receiving one while you are in class.